Created three designs for the theme ‘What would you change?’ I based my pieces along the theme of ‘Cryptozooology’. As in I would change their existence from myth to reality. I chose to do these prints with lino.
As for my print skills. I would say I have definitely improved upon them, I used to do it in college so was quite rusty and it was nice to do it again. Lino cutting is my favourite process, the sessions this year helped me improve my lino skills and see just what I am able to do in the medium. I want to focus on or at least try using screen printing more for my NMP work.
- Magma Brief - Munchies
- Roses Competition - Doggerland
- YCN Competition - LEGO:
- NMP -
Developing my idea further to create a whole complete range of 50+ characters.
Creating my own figures and casting them in resin.
Packaging design for figures.
Developing my existing branding for the Munchies.
Posters and stickers.
Hopefully creating an animation as a form of advertisement.
- Topic: Are video Games replacing Film?
- Visited BCNMCR exhibition.
- Visited Raquib Shaw exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery.
- Visited MOSI exhibits.
- Attendted Creative Stitches and Hobby Crafts convention.
- Attended Golpys Freelance talk.
- Attended GFSmith paper talk and got some lovely samples.
- Will be entering the Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2013.
- Will be entering the World Press Freedom Cartoon Competition.
- Will be taking part in We Made A Show.
- Emailing agencies regarding placements.
- Working on developing my Self Promo project idea and actually send to agencies.
Online Presence/Website/Social Networks
- Created my Coroflot page. Still a work in progress:
- Currently in the process of creating a personal website and purchasing domain.
- Twitter account: https://twitter.com/SophieCulton
- Tumblr: http://sophieculton.tumblr.com/
All I can remember right now, will edit as I remember.